Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to mount a filesystem of one pc in another pc that are connected in a network? Post 302176480 by venkatesh_sasi on Tuesday 18th of March 2008 10:47:34 AM
Old 03-18-2008
Hi Sabari,

Thanks a ton for your help. It's working.. Smilie

Regards,
venkatesh.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a Filesystem

I want help about mount a filesystem to use a cdrom to install a software that be in the cd cdrom.. you can send a mail ::removed emails:: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amauryrgrullon
5 Replies

2. Linux

how to mount ntfs filesystem

:) Hi frds ..i hope i can get some help for this.. I am unable to mount ntfs/hpfs file system which contain my XP o/s. As per the information collected on net i found tht my kernel i.e 2.4.xx does not support ntfs ..? Now I dont knwo where to get upgraded kernel and how to deploy it ..can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicknihal
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

check whether connected to network

hi... can anyone pls suggest a few methods to check whether a computer is connected to any network, using the terminal, not GUI. thanks eskay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eskay_karthik
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

application to be run on machines connected in same network

I have a set up of 5 machines which are connected in same network. Now i want to run a small application so that those machines are not ideal. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Mount old zfs filesystem

Hey all, I have a machine with 16 drive slots. Two of the drives have a ZFS mirror of the operating system, the other 14 contain the storage raidz. So, after installing Opensolaris on the OS drives, how can I remount the storage raid? TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
11 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8: Multiple primary interfaces connected to the same network

Hello, I have a machine with Solaris 8, and it has multiple interfaces that are connected to the same network which means they all have metric 0 (1 hop) to the default gateway. assume: * e1000g0: 10.1.1.70 * e1000g2: 10.1.1.72 * e1000g4: 10.1.1.74 * e1000g5: 10.1.1.76 * gateway:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeg
11 Replies

7. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't mount filesystem

I have 2 Linux servers. rcwlo-ods10g and rcwlo-10gdev I can mount one filesystem from rcwlo-ods10g onto rcwlo-10gdev fine: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/SAN /backup but when I try another one I get: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/backup /backup mount:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ways to quickly check if you are connected to the internet while on an internal network

I need some help thinking of ways to quickly check if I am connected to the internet while on an internal network. I never lose connection to the internal network but for some annoying reason I lose the internet quite often. I don't get any errors or warnings. I usually find out that I have lost my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connected to the internet with no network process

This is what I did. $ ps -ef | grep -i networkroot 6657 1 0 12:55 ? 00:00:01 /usr/sbin/NetworkManager bob 7251 7212 0 13:24 pts/3 00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i $ sudo kill -9 6657 password for bob: $ ping -c 5 google.com PING google.com (74.125.229.160)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies