Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CPU 0% idle - how do I find what was running? Post 302310776 by robsonde on Monday 27th of April 2009 03:33:06 AM
Old 04-27-2009
you may have top installed.

top will show what's using CPU.

often found in /usr/local/bin/top

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

CPU idle

hi when should we consider that CPU is loaded? When it is 100% idle or 0%idle?? tx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

sar output gives 98% idle CPU

Dear All, Our HPUX 8 GB 8CPU database server is behaving abnormally for the last 4+ weeks. I have generated a sar output and it is here- 11:46:52 %usr %sys %wio %idle 11:46:53 1 1 6 92 11:46:54 0 1 0 99 11:46:55 0 1 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashrunil
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

vmstat displays cpu idle time at 100%

Since yesterday the vmstat command is displaying the cpu idle time at 100%At each time interval. It never changes. Not sure what it means other than it Quit calculating that stat. And I'm curious why. Using sar I can display a correctCpu idle percent, but vmstat does not. Any ideas why or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tfrye
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the information about cpu idle from top command?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04. I want to write a shell script to get the information about cpu idle from top command at the real time when i call it, compare cpu idle with 20 (20%), if cpu idle > 20 exit 1, vice versa exit 0. Anybody can help me to resolve it ? Thanks alot. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: huyquocnguyen
7 Replies

5. Solaris

top is showing 0% cpu Idle

What should we do if we show a 0% cpu idl on top? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script conditional execution when CPU Idle > 60%

I need a shell script that will monitor a few conditions and not execute until the these conditions are met. The problem I'm having is that I can not perform a database snapshot (backup) of a sybaseIQ database unless the CPU Status Idle % is above 60% or the snapshot (backup) fails. If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pancona99
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Why CPU idle 0 process nohub lose

Hello Solaris 8 when CPU idle 0 . why nohub process lose ? Thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppmanja
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

idle% cpu and run queue

Hi Everybody, Can anybody explain how CPU idle% is about 50%, but runq-sz more than 1? sar from Solaris 10: 00:00:05 %usr %sys %wio %idle 17:00:08 27 12 0 61 17:20:05 40 15 0 45 17:40:05 27 12 0 61 18:00:05 23... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Idle Process Exhausting CPU

I noticed when having some trouble with code I was testing that the CPU was becoming exhausted and I would have to reboot. After rebooting a couple times I decided to check for other problems before trying my code again. That's when I noticed that the CPU with the idle process was through the roof:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Idle command to kill the process running n unx box machine

Hi Team , I have one process named as cec_analysiseool that is running on unix box machine now i want to kill this process so please advise what will be the ideal command to kill this , what i have tried is :confused: kill -9 `ps -ef | grep cec_analysiseool | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclesamm
2 Replies
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)				       Tk Library Procedures					  Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow - Adjust the position of a top-level window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(tkwin, x, y) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for top-level window to move. int x (in) New x-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. int y (in) New y-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
In general, a window should never set its own position; this should be done only by the geometry manger that is responsible for the win- dow. For top-level windows the window manager is effectively the geometry manager; Tk provides interface code between the application and the window manager to convey the application's desires to the geometry manager. The desired size for a top-level window is conveyed using the usual Tk_GeometryRequest mechanism. The procedure Tk_MoveToplevelWindow may be used by an application to request a particular position for a top-level window; this procedure is similar in function to the wm geometry Tcl command except that negative offsets cannot be speci- fied. It is invoked by widgets such as menus that want to appear at a particular place on the screen. When Tk_MoveToplevelWindow is called it does not immediately pass on the new desired location to the window manager; it defers this action until all other outstanding work has been completed, using the Tk_DoWhenIdle mechanism. KEYWORDS
position, top-level window, window manager Tk Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)