Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Facing issues while running a cronjob ! Post 302670631 by acidburn_007 on Thursday 12th of July 2012 09:28:15 AM
Old 07-12-2012
Facing issues while running a cronjob !

Hi,

I am trying to run a cronjob. But while doing so I am getting the following error message :-

Code:
can't open yourfile in /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory.
No such file or directory

How can I resolve this issue ?

Please help.

Thanks
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Facing an issue related to cronjob

Dear All, I am facing an issue related to cronjob and explained below is the case study: 1. I have a java class named "DmCheckRenditionQueue.java" and placed under "/cpc/documentum/product/5.2.5/tomcat/webapps/rendition" 2. When I am using the command "/usr/openv/java/jre/bin/java -cp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parindam
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issue in Solaris OS in crontab for running shell script

Hello i have a shell script. it is running fine when i manually run at command prompt using following command ./script_file but while running shell script from crontab, it is giving error in each line. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mabrar
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issues with cronjob : Script using sendmail

Hi All, I am new to unix. I have created a cron job, that sends mail using sendmail utility. Am facing a unique problem while making a cron job for this script. In the script I append a file to my mail using 'cat' command. cat $report >> $mailMsg & this $mailMsg is used as mail... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshulporwal
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with tar and gzip !

Hi, I am trying to :- (1.) Tar the file and then (2.) Gzip it ! Tar command :- tar -cvf BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs Gzip command :- Gzip /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs/BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having some issues with cronjob

Hi, i have a cronjob scheduled to run daily at 7AM , the job which i am executing has three other scripts in it to execute. The first scripts gets executed perfectly but the 2nd and 3rd scripts which take 4-5 mins to complete does not executes,is there anything that i am missing. This is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with cronjobs

Hello Everyone, We have a cronjob scheduled to pick up files from one system and transfer to another system. the underlying code is a shell script. These cronjobs were working correctly until sometime. 2 days back they did not pick up the scripts but created empty logs. However when we tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rads
6 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Regarding facing issues while accessing UNIX.com site

Hello Moderators/Admins, This is regarding an issue which I am facing from last 7 to 8 days. Issue is while trying to access this forum(simple hitting http://unix.com) I am able to login but many times my request gets timed out or 404 error or if I am able to login it will be excessive slow even... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with rsync

Hello Gurus, I am running rsync command to copy certain Directories and files into that directories to remote server. While ruuning the command all teh files has been copied but I am facing error. The below command I am executing to copy Directories and files to remote server: rsync -avrz ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with shell script changes

My current requirement is to replace xxyxx string with value of date date1 variable holds a date and the current script writes html tags to a file as follows echo date1 nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "<HTML>""<HEAD>""<p>Hi All,<br><br>There are no cases closed on the xxyxx" print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh A S
2 Replies
GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)

NAME
git-ls-remote - List references in a remote repository SYNOPSIS
git ls-remote [--heads] [--tags] [--refs] [--upload-pack=<exec>] [-q | --quiet] [--exit-code] [--get-url] [--symref] [<repository> [<refs>...]] DESCRIPTION
Displays references available in a remote repository along with the associated commit IDs. OPTIONS
-h, --heads, -t, --tags Limit to only refs/heads and refs/tags, respectively. These options are not mutually exclusive; when given both, references stored in refs/heads and refs/tags are displayed. --refs Do not show peeled tags or pseudorefs like HEAD in the output. -q, --quiet Do not print remote URL to stderr. --upload-pack=<exec> Specify the full path of git-upload-pack on the remote host. This allows listing references from repositories accessed via SSH and where the SSH daemon does not use the PATH configured by the user. --exit-code Exit with status "2" when no matching refs are found in the remote repository. Usually the command exits with status "0" to indicate it successfully talked with the remote repository, whether it found any matching refs. --get-url Expand the URL of the given remote repository taking into account any "url.<base>.insteadOf" config setting (See git-config(1)) and exit without talking to the remote. --symref In addition to the object pointed by it, show the underlying ref pointed by it when showing a symbolic ref. Currently, upload-pack only shows the symref HEAD, so it will be the only one shown by ls-remote. <repository> The "remote" repository to query. This parameter can be either a URL or the name of a remote (see the GIT URLS and REMOTES sections of git-fetch(1)). <refs>... When unspecified, all references, after filtering done with --heads and --tags, are shown. When <refs>... are specified, only references matching the given patterns are displayed. EXAMPLES
$ git ls-remote --tags ./. d6602ec5194c87b0fc87103ca4d67251c76f233a refs/tags/v0.99 f25a265a342aed6041ab0cc484224d9ca54b6f41 refs/tags/v0.99.1 7ceca275d047c90c0c7d5afb13ab97efdf51bd6e refs/tags/v0.99.3 c5db5456ae3b0873fc659c19fafdde22313cc441 refs/tags/v0.99.2 0918385dbd9656cab0d1d81ba7453d49bbc16250 refs/tags/junio-gpg-pub $ git ls-remote http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git master pu rc 5fe978a5381f1fbad26a80e682ddd2a401966740 refs/heads/master c781a84b5204fb294c9ccc79f8b3baceeb32c061 refs/heads/pu $ git remote add korg http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git.git $ git ls-remote --tags korg v* d6602ec5194c87b0fc87103ca4d67251c76f233a refs/tags/v0.99 f25a265a342aed6041ab0cc484224d9ca54b6f41 refs/tags/v0.99.1 c5db5456ae3b0873fc659c19fafdde22313cc441 refs/tags/v0.99.2 7ceca275d047c90c0c7d5afb13ab97efdf51bd6e refs/tags/v0.99.3 GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-LS-REMOTE(1)