Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved. Post 303040472 by Neo on Wednesday 30th of October 2019 03:37:20 AM
Old 10-30-2019
It turns out the outage was caused by a German data center company who have since apologized for their mistake.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Booting up problem after power outage

hi guys, i'm new so don't bite too hard. having a problem booting up a V210 running sol9 on after a power outage... an init5 was done but not a init0 before the power cut... so now when booting up it gives the ff: SC Alert: Host System has Reset Probing system devices Probing memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lungsta
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to set up a HP cluster system in a data center

What are the server requirements, Software requirements, Network requirements etc, Please help me.. as 'm new 'm unable to get things done @ my end alone. Please refrain from typing subjects completely in upper case letters to get more attention, ty. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
5 Replies

3. AIX

Role of sys admin during power outage in Data center

i am new to aix environment and all my servers are @ remote location just curious to know , what issues/tasks we will be facing when there is a power outage in a data centre, i heard outage's will be a challenging task for administrators.. any example of that sort will be a great help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rigin
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure rate of a node / Data center

Hi, Please, i have a history of the state of each node in my data center. an history about the failure of my cluster (UN: node up, DN: node down). Here is some lines of the history: 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.1 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.2 08:51:36 UN 127.0.0.3 08:53:50 DN 127.0.0.1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Cut Over to New Data Center and Upgraded OS Done. :)

Three days ago we received an expected notice from our long time data center that they were going dark on Sept 12th. About one and a half hours ago, after three days of marathon work, I just cut over the unix.com to a new data center with a completely new OS and Ubuntu distribution. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
22 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Resolved: Issue in Server Data Center

Dear All, There was a problem in the data center data, which caused the server to be unreachable for about an hour. Server logs show the server did not crash or go down. Hence, I assume there was a networking issue at the data center. Still waiting for final word on what happened. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)						    Git Manual						      GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)

NAME
git-check-mailmap - Show canonical names and email addresses of contacts SYNOPSIS
git check-mailmap [options] <contact>... DESCRIPTION
For each "Name <user@host>" or "<user@host>" from the command-line or standard input (when using --stdin), look up the person's canonical name and email address (see "Mapping Authors" below). If found, print them; otherwise print the input as-is. OPTIONS
--stdin Read contacts, one per line, from the standard input after exhausting contacts provided on the command-line. OUTPUT
For each contact, a single line is output, terminated by a newline. If the name is provided or known to the mailmap, "Name <user@host>" is printed; otherwise only "<user@host>" is printed. MAPPING AUTHORS
If the file .mailmap exists at the toplevel of the repository, or at the location pointed to by the mailmap.file or mailmap.blob configuration options, it is used to map author and committer names and email addresses to canonical real names and email addresses. In the simple form, each line in the file consists of the canonical real name of an author, whitespace, and an email address used in the commit (enclosed by < and >) to map to the name. For example: Proper Name <commit@email.xx> The more complex forms are: <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace only the email part of a commit, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching the specified commit email address, and: Proper Name <proper@email.xx> Commit Name <commit@email.xx> which allows mailmap to replace both the name and the email of a commit matching both the specified commit name and email address. Example 1: Your history contains commits by two authors, Jane and Joe, whose names appear in the repository under several forms: Joe Developer <joe@example.com> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@example.com> Jane Doe <jane@laptop.(none)> Jane D. <jane@desktop.(none)> Now suppose that Joe wants his middle name initial used, and Jane prefers her family name fully spelled out. A proper .mailmap file would look like: Jane Doe <jane@desktop.(none)> Joe R. Developer <joe@example.com> Note how there is no need for an entry for <jane@laptop.(none)>, because the real name of that author is already correct. Example 2: Your repository contains commits from the following authors: nick1 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> nick2 <nick2@company.xx> santa <me@company.xx> claus <me@company.xx> CTO <cto@coompany.xx> Then you might want a .mailmap file that looks like: <cto@company.xx> <cto@coompany.xx> Some Dude <some@dude.xx> nick1 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> nick2 <bugs@company.xx> Other Author <other@author.xx> <nick2@company.xx> Santa Claus <santa.claus@northpole.xx> <me@company.xx> Use hash # for comments that are either on their own line, or after the email address. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CHECK-MAILMAP(1)