Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auditing User's actions
Operating Systems HP-UX Auditing User's actions Post 94961 by Timberland on Thursday 5th of January 2006 06:21:22 AM
Old 01-05-2006
Auditing User's actions

Hi all

I hope to find what i'm looking for in this forum

as said in the topic i want to track user's actions on the system. i mean also the action of moving or removing files. I have an HP 9000 with HP UX 11i. the users log on the HP from a terminal window under WIndows XP

Thx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

see user's actions from another terminal

I would like to know if there is a way to see what a user is doing from another terminal. I want to be able to see exactly what they see on their terminal. Is that possible ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: silver40
4 Replies

2. AIX

Auditing User administrator

Background: I a trying to audit user administration on a AIX box. I am trying to make sure that any changes made by the System administrator to the user accounts (Add users, changing their attributes or deleting users) are accompanied by authorization i.e. the system admin does not make any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gladiator
0 Replies

3. AIX

User Auditing

i want to audit user commands .. keep track of what commands each user has been giving .. can this be done by writing a script in engraving it in .profile of the user. or is there any other way of doing this ... rgds raj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_149
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Tracing a user and logging his actions

Dear All, I want to enable the tracing for a user and logging all things he do in a log file.......... Thaaanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Oracle user activity auditing

Hi All, I need to put in place a UNIX shell script that calls three sql scripts & reports to the DBAs. I already have the three sql scripts in place & they perform the following database auditing actions: 1. actions.sql This script queries the DBA_AUDIT _TRAIL table to look for database user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divroro12
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

user auditing

Hello, is there some way to track what shell commands some user is executing ? Something like to have some log file where i could see what commands some user used, e.g. rm -r dirname , ls -l .... and so on ... I have 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris user auditing

Hello, I was wondering when Solaris auditing is enabled, If it is possible to keep track of users that are allowed to sudo to root. In other words, I would like to know which user did what on my Solaris box. (assumig that user can "sudo su -" ) Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niyazi
2 Replies

8. AIX

User auditing from AIX server

I am trying to find out the information of my local desktop when i use putty to login to an AIX server. This is what I do: 1. login to my PC 2. take a putty session to an AIX server Can i get information of my local desktop from the AIX server ? Is there a command available ? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagesh_1985
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining sed actions

Let's say I have an input file looking like: ID1 1 5 6 8 ID2 1 4 5 7 I'm trying to formulate a loop that can combine these actions: - If the line begins with a letter: replace the '\ n' after a field containing characters with a '\ t' (sed 's / \ n / \ t / g' ) - If the line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovah
2 Replies
GIT-CHERRY(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-CHERRY(1)

NAME
       git-cherry - Find commits yet to be applied to upstream

SYNOPSIS
       git cherry [-v] [<upstream> [<head> [<limit>]]]

DESCRIPTION
       Determine whether there are commits in <head>..<upstream> that are equivalent to those in the range <limit>..<head>.

The equivalence test is based on the diff, after removing whitespace and line numbers. git-cherry therefore detects when commits have been
       "copied" by means of git-cherry-pick(1), git-am(1) or git-rebase(1).

Outputs the SHA1 of every commit in <limit>..<head>, prefixed with - for commits that have an equivalent in <upstream>, and + for commits
       that do not.

OPTIONS
       -v
	   Show the commit subjects next to the SHA1s.

<upstream>
	   Upstream branch to search for equivalent commits. Defaults to the upstream branch of HEAD.

<head>
	   Working branch; defaults to HEAD.

<limit>
	   Do not report commits up to (and including) limit.

EXAMPLES
   Patch workflows
       git-cherry is frequently used in patch-based workflows (see gitworkflows(7)) to determine if a series of patches has been applied by the
       upstream maintainer. In such a workflow you might create and send a topic branch like this:

$ git checkout -b topic origin/master
	   # work and create some commits
	   $ git format-patch origin/master
	   $ git send-email ... 00*

Later, you can see whether your changes have been applied by saying (still on topic):

$ git fetch	# update your notion of origin/master
	   $ git cherry -v

Concrete example
       In a situation where topic consisted of three commits, and the maintainer applied two of them, the situation might look like:

$ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic
	   * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit
	   [... snip some other commits ...]
	   * cccc111 cherry-pick of C
	   * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A
	   [... snip a lot more that has happened ...]
	   | * cccc000 (topic) commit C
	   | * bbbb000 commit B
	   | * aaaa000 commit A
	   |/
	   o 1234567 branch point

In such cases, git-cherry shows a concise summary of what has yet to be applied:

$ git cherry origin/master topic
	   - cccc000... commit C
	   + bbbb000... commit B
	   - aaaa000... commit A

Here, we see that the commits A and C (marked with -) can be dropped from your topic branch when you rebase it on top of origin/master,
       while the commit B (marked with +) still needs to be kept so that it will be sent to be applied to origin/master.

Using a limit
       The optional <limit> is useful in cases where your topic is based on other work that is not in upstream. Expanding on the previous example,
       this might look like:

$ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic
	   * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit
	   [... snip some other commits ...]
	   * cccc111 cherry-pick of C
	   * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A
	   [... snip a lot more that has happened ...]
	   | * cccc000 (topic) commit C
	   | * bbbb000 commit B
	   | * aaaa000 commit A
	   | * 0000fff (base) unpublished stuff F
	   [... snip ...]
	   | * 0000aaa unpublished stuff A
	   |/
	   o 1234567 merge-base between upstream and topic

By specifying base as the limit, you can avoid listing commits between base and topic:

$ git cherry origin/master topic base
	   - cccc000... commit C
	   + bbbb000... commit B
	   - aaaa000... commit A

SEE ALSO
       git-patch-id(1)

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018							     GIT-CHERRY(1)