Saving process stack

Top Forums Programming Saving process stack
# 1  
Old 09-14-2007
Saving process stack

Can anybody throw some light on how to save a portion of process stack in C (unix/linux) in order to restore them in future to resume execution from the point where it saved.

Thanks in advance
# 2  
Old 09-15-2007
Have a look at setjmp(), longjmp() and JMP_BUF.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View User Mode Call Stack of Hung Process

I have a multithreaded usermode program(actually a daemon) which is in hanged state. To debug it I tried attaching the process to gdb, but the gdb hangs. gstack also gets hanged. I peeped into the proc file system and saw the process to be in sleeping state. /proc/sysrq-trigger I guess... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Saving to usb

Greetings. I am trying to save a file to a usb from solaris 10. If I do rmformat, I see my usb, but can't find a location to tell things to save to or figure out how to save/view the files on the disk. Any help/thoughts/etc would be appreciated. Thanks! ~K (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuriosity_prime
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

5. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to find out the stack size occupied for a process?

Hi, In Linux how to find out what will be the stack size allocated for a process? Actually i have to fork n number of processess, and will call exec. I will be execing an executable which is already multithreaded and each thread size is defined. My doubt is how to know if the size of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving to a floppy

How do I save a file to a floppy. I mounted the drive and it is there. Everytime I try to save to the floppy, it tells me the resource is busy. Please advise. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umether
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question