Raid With Suse Linux

Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Raid With Suse Linux
# 1  
Old 10-21-2006
Question Raid With Suse Linux

Hello i have a linux suse server and im having problems installing a highpoint rocket raid 2220 driver.

The raid card is a pci card made buy highpoint tech on there web site they have the linux suse server driver i now have that driver on the desktop but dont know how to install it.

The lunix system is seeing the 8 port raid card , but i think it has the wrong driver, coz the raid set (raid 5) does not show up and a drive on desk top.

went the linux becouse windows xp pro does not alow volumes over 2 tb

this raid 5 set is 2.8tb

any halp would be grate.

Vaughan
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

RAID on Linux

Dear All, I have a linux Server having a single disk /dev/sda and two partitions /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2. Up on which a Logical Volume is created for root partition. Now the task is I need to implement RAID on this machine , namely RAID 1. Kindly clarify whether i can directly go and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID Problem on SUSE 11.0

I setup a RAID 5 with 5 drives, one failed, hardware failure so I physically removed it from the raid after powering the machine off then powered it back on and my raid was still good but no 5th drive. I built a 5th drive from scratch and added it in the raid thinking the raid would go into... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacakid
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IDE controlled / RAID card issue Suse 9.2

I just built a new box to run Suse, and I guess I shoud have spent more time researching the HCL. Anyway, the Promise RAID card I have will not work, and I am unable to install the OS. The only other IDE devide in the box is a DVDOM. I can only think of 2 options, but would appreciate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
WIPEFS(8)						       MAINTENANCE COMMANDS							 WIPEFS(8)

NAME
wipefs - wipe a filesystem signature from a device SYNOPSIS
wipefs [-ahnp] [-o offset] device DESCRIPTION
wipefs allows to erase filesystem or raid signatures (magic strings) from the device to make the filesystem invisible for libblkid. wipefs does not erase the whole filesystem or any other data from the device. When used without options -a or -o, it lists all visible filesys- tems and offsets of their signatures. OPTIONS
-a, --all Erase all available signatures. -h, --help Print help and exit. -n, --no-act Causes everything to be done except for the write() call. -o, --offset offset Specifies location (in bytes) of the signature which should be erased from the device. The offset number may include a "0x" prefix, and then the number will be read as a hex value. It is possible to specify multiple -o options. The offset argument may be followed by binary (2^N) suffixes KiB, MiB, GiB, TiB, PiB and EiB (the "iB" is optional, e.g. "K" has the same meaning as "KiB") or decimal (10^N) suffixes KB, MB, GB, PB and EB. -p, --parsable Print out in parsable instead of printable format. Encode all potentially unsafe characters of a string to the corresponding hex value prefixed by 'x'. AUTHOR
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. AVAILABILITY
The wipefs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
blkid(8) findfs(8) Linux October 2009 WIPEFS(8)